Spaghetti Squash with Tomato-Basil Sauce
March 31, 2022
The secret to the tastiest meals is often the herbs they’re topped with. This month, we’re celebrating an herb that’s packed with peppery flavor and anti-inflammatory properties – basil! Fresh or dry basil is often used as a seasoning in subs, pizza, and marinara sauce! Try it in our recipe for Spaghetti Squash with Tomato-Basil Sauce below!
Servings: 4 | Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
- 5½ cups heirloom or beefsteak tomato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin Olive oil
- 1¼ tsp. garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh Basil, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 large uncooked spaghetti squash
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; let stand, tossing occasionally, until tomatoes release their juices and mixture is quite juicy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds; place squash in a covered microwave-safe dish. Cook on high power until strands of squash separate when flesh is scraped with a fork
- Scrape spaghetti squash from peel with a fork to form strands; add to bowl with tomatoes and toss to coat. *This recipe comes from WW. 2 PersonalPoints™ per serving