Russet Potato Salad
June 2, 2022
Did you know? As a starchy root vegetable, potatoes are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. Potatoes are also a good source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates give us energy and aid in the functioning of the brain, kidneys, heart and nervous system. Try them in our favorite potato salad recipe!
Servings: 5 | Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and diced
- 3 large russet potatoes, leave peels on
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 2 green onions, halved
- Add potatoes and garlic to large pot of boiling water. Cover and cook about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add dressing ingredients to food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Scrape sides as needed.
- Drain the potatoes and once they can be touched, cut potatoes into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Transfer to large bowl and ¾ of the dressing. Gently stir to combine. Let rest for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add celery, capers, and eggs. Stir to combine. Top with green onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the remaining dressing if needed.