May 5, 2022
The mild, sweet and spring-like flavor of peas tastes great alongside various dishes. They’re often paired with mac and cheese, chicken, potatoes, lemon and butter pasta dishes, salads, cod, mushrooms, soups and more. They can be eaten raw or cooked. One of the best ways to retain the nutrients while cooking peas is by steaming them. You can also boil them or sautee them; or, you can microwave them with a tablespoon of water using a microwave-safe dish and lid.
Servings: 8 | Prep/cook time: 65 minutes
- 2 pounds frozen peas, thawed
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Rinse peas using cool water.
- To make dressing, mix mayonnaise, Cajun, lemon juice, Worcestershire, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Add peas, bacon crumbles, chopped onion and shredded cheese to dressing and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.